Novelist Elizabeth Hardwick once said, "The greatest gift is a passion for reading." Indeed, reading opens up whole new worlds to you!
Novelist Elizabeth Hardwick once said, "The greatest gift is a passion for reading." Indeed, reading opens up whole new worlds to you, whether you are reading the Bible, fiction, self-help, biographies, or any other book. And with today's technologies, you can take your entire library with you wherever you go!
With the preponderance of tablets and personal ebook readers, ebooks have become much more practical and readily available than ever before. While holding a printed copy of a book still holds a certain appeal, the pluses of using ebooks is making them a genuine alternative. Consider these ten benefits of using ebooks:
1. Ebooks are quick and easy to obtain. You can then download the applicable files immediately for use on your computer, tablet, phone, or ebook reader to begin enjoying your purchase right away. No need to wait for a book to arrive through the mail or pay heavy shipping charges.
2. Ebooks are convenient. Instead of lugging around a printed copy, you can access your ebook through your device whenever you have a few extra minutes to read. Plus, if you have a variety of ebooks on the go, you can have easy access to all of them anytime. Imagine having hundreds of books available at your fingertips without needing to pack them into bags or boxes to take with you.
3. Ebooks are great for travel. Save space in your suitcase by loading your books on your device. Ebooks take up much less space and can be taken with you to the beach, the restaurant, or wherever else you want them to go.
4. Ebooks are environmentally friendly. Printed copies involve paper, which means the killing of trees and the creation of air pollution during production. Ebooks make much less of an impact on the environment.
5. Ebooks can be easily created. Create your own ebooks to share with family or friends. If you wish, you can even make them available for purchase on your own website. With ebooks, anyone can publish their own resources without the expenses of print minimums, typesetting, and promotional campaigns.
6. Ebooks are searchable. Whether you are looking for a topic in a textbook or trying to find a specific spot in a novel, you can search your ebook for keywords that can be located throughout the ebook. Instead of flipping through the pages desperately trying to find what you need, save time by searching the entire book at once. This can be a particularly convenient feature while conducting research.
7. Ebooks keep your place. Do not worry about losing your spot in the book; your device can remember for you. Whenever you open your ebook, your device can take you back to the exact place you left off--no physical bookmark required. You may, however, create multiple virtual bookmarks which can help you keep track of various locations within the same ebook.
8. Ebooks may offer substantial savings. Because of the reduced costs of producing ebooks, you may be able to find the desired titles at lower prices. Often, ebooks will even be offered for free during a specified period or in conjunction with another promotion.
9. Ebooks can come with extras. Even if you end up paying full price (or a little more) for your ebooks, you can often enjoy some extras that are simply not possible with printed versions. Bonus materials and related items can be included with an ebook at no additional cost.
10. Ebooks can be read to you. Even if you do not purchase an audiobook, you may be able to use your device to read the text to you. This can be particularly useful while driving, doing household chores, or taking a bath.
There will always be a place for printed books, but ebooks are becoming more and more popular all the time. As technological advancements continue to be made, their benefits will only increase.
For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.