"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
Sometimes we all need a little spiritual boost to help make the day more bearable. One of the best places to find this boost is within the pages of scripture. If you are having a hard time at school or work, or if you are not even feeling up to getting out of bed, then here are five spiritually encouraging Biblical quotes that can help lift your mood and get you through the day:
1) "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." (Deuteronomy 31:8)
Knowing that God is always with you means that you never have to be afraid. No matter how lonely you may feel you are never truly alone, and no matter how frightened you may be you are always protected.
2) "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)
Jesus wants us to know that we do not always have to put on a brave face. It's okay to feel tried and weary from time to time, and we need to feel that we can turn to Him in those difficult times.
3) "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
If you look at life through the eyes of God, you will see that there are ample reasons to be rejoicing and giving thanks. Pray continually, with every step and every breath you take, and God will reveal Himself to you behind every cloud, every tree, and every smile.
4) "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)
This world can sometimes seem like a dark and troublesome place, but as Christians who believe that Christ died and rose again, we know that it can be overcome. We are to take peace in the fact that, through Him, we can overcome the world as well.
5) "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." (1 Peter 5:6-7)
God loves us, cares for us, and ultimately plans for us to be lifted up and saved. We need only to humble ourselves, live according to our faith, and let Him do the rest of the work.
God's Word is Always There
Steadfast and unchanging, God's word will always be there for you when you need it. The Bible addresses and has answers for just about every issue under the sun. In its pages we can find understanding for our fears and anxieties, our hopes and our dreams. Devote just a bit of time every day to reading the Bible or going over some of your favorite verses, and you will be ready to face every new challenge and every new day with a cheerful heart.